It’s market season + we couldn’t be happier about it at AVLToday, Highlands Food & Wine’s Digital Media Sponsor of Truckin’. In order to get in the spirit of fresh local ingredients, we compiled a list of local markets + their opening dates so you can get your local on.
- Asheville City Market – South | ???? Opens April 4, every Wednesday | ???? 12 noon – 4 p.m. |????Town Square Blvd. at Biltmore Park | Anything special?
- Asheville City Market | ???? Opens April 7 | ????52 N. Market St. | ???? 8 a.m. – noon
- North Asheville Tailgate Market | ???? Opens April 7 | ????University Heights Blvd. parking lot P28 at UNC Asheville | ???? 8 a.m. – noon
- West Asheville Tailgate Market | ???? Opens April 10 | ????718 Haywood Rd. | ???? 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- East Asheville Tailgate Market | ???? Opens May 1 | ????954 Tunnel Rd. | ???? 3 – 6 p.m.
- River Arts District Farmers Market | ???? Opens May 2 | ????175 Clingman Ave. | ???? 3 – 6 p.m.
- Oakley Farmers Market | ???? Opens May 3 | ????12 Old Charlotte Hwy | ???? 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
It’s also CSA sign-up time (which stands for “Community Shared Agriculture”), in which you pick up a box of produce that comes straight from the farm. (So, you can eat like a real farmer all summer long). ???? Most CSAs focus on veggies, but some also have fruits, meat, eggs, mushrooms + flowers.
Protip: Many farms sell half and full shares, and some have options for partial trade if you commit to working a certain number of hours on the farm.\
Sign up for AVLToday’s Daily E-Newsletter here.